- Don't spend major time with minor people.
- If there are people in your life that continually disappoint you, break promises, stomp on your dreams, too judgmental, have different values and don't have your back to cry on during difficult timesthat is not a friend.
- To have a friend, be a friend. Sometimes in life as you grow, your friends will either grow or go.
- Surround yourself with people who reflect your values, goals, interests and lifestyle.
- When I think of any of my successes, I am thankful to God from whom all blessings flow, and to my family and friends that enrich my life.
- Over the years my address book has changed because I changed for the better.
- At first you think that you are going to be alone, but after a while new people show up in your life that make your life so much sweeter and easier to endure.
- Remember what your elders used to say, "Birds of a feather flock together."
- If you're an eagle, don't hang around chickens: Chickens Can't Fly!